Last week was dedicated to moving to a new apartment. Things I've learned:
1. Nobody ever says 'I wish I bought more books!' during a move.
2. Dollies are very useful for self-moves. This adjustable one was the MVP last week.
3. Shower curtain sizes aren't universal. I've never had to buy a shower curtain before, but this new apartment needed it. I thought all shower curtains were made equal. Turns out that's not the case and I now have shower curtains that are too short or too narrow for my bathroom.
4. King-sized mattresses are very heavy. Two regular people who have no moving experiences could theoretically move it themselves, but they would not have a good time. Movers highly recommended.
5. Junk really accumulates once you've been at a place for a while. It turns out I really don't need much at all to function.